My humble Paph Collection

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prismane

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am still pretty new to orchids. I bought my Rothschild and raisinpie in Nov. 2015. The raisinpie has grown a lot since then and I now have several new growths. The Rothchilds orchid has about doubled in size since I got it. Not sure how I am doing but it still hasn't died. The Michael Koopowitz was an ebay purchase last fall. Not sure how great it is doing but I feel it may need a repot.

My first Paph in bloom last summer, raisinpie
KIMG0218_zpsbcxw3drw.jpg

Now
KIMG0267_zpsxdenpu0i.jpg

Rothschilds
KIMG0266_zpsea1rcgrt.jpg

Michael Koopowitz
KIMG0268_zpsnnbsamx9.jpg

thank you!

I went ahead and repotted the Michael Koopowitz and I found about half the roots were healthy and some were dead. I used a mixture of ground up bark, charcoal, lava, perlite and I used a small little bit of marble and sphagnum.
I repotted the Rothschilds with this mixture and the plant seemed to respond well. I've got it growing under a window facing east with supllemental led lighting and it is next to a cattleya that seems to be growing like a weed. Humidity is pushing 50% min.

thanks. I really like the multiflorals but it is shocking just how much slower the growth has been

I like the Raisinpie.
Don

thanks!

You Got the stray of a Great collection hapoy growing

Thank you.

they look to be doing quite well.
Thanks. I wonder how my two multiflorals are doing. I repotted the Michael koopowitz. it has a couple of dead roots and some actively growing roots. I had never repotted it but something tells me the media had broken down quite a bit and it was in need of it. It just didn't seem like it was as happy as it could be.

Latest posts

Back