My Credit-Crunch beating splurge...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dan_t

Hi everyone

I thought I'd tell you what I went and bought last week...

Paph. curtisii
Paph. delenatii (one normal, one albinum)
Paph. emersonii
Paph. helenae
Phrag. kovachii

I would love it if someone could enlighten me as to the difference between two delenatii - one is marked China (I guess a Chinese form?) and the other seems to be the regular form (Guillam).

Also, my micranthum is about to bloom - I'm very excited as it's the first flowering! :drool:

Dan

Hi everyone

I thought I'd tell you what I went and bought last week...

Paph. curtisii
Paph. delenatii (one normal, one albinum)
Paph. emersonii
Paph. helenae
Phrag. kovachii

I would love it if someone could enlighten me as to the difference between two delenatii - one is marked China (I guess a Chinese form?) and the other seems to be the regular form (Guillam).

Also, my micranthum is about to bloom - I'm very excited as it's the first flowering! :drool:

Dan

The delenatii are in southern Vietnam (not in north vietnam) so it would be unlikely for it to grow in China which situated further north from Vietnam.
1) But there were a lot of exporting for many years from Vietnam to China,
so may be some of seeds from seedpods escape into the wild. I heard of similar things happen in Hawaii?
2) Also it may be a special line breeding from China from those exported delenatii.
3) or it could be a special clone division name "China"

Hi Hien - I think I might have found out the origin, but I need to do a little more work to confirm. It's possible that it comes from a population discovered in Yunnan Province in China as described in 1986.

Dan

I bought it from Jack Wubben in Holland - he always has some interesting Paph and Dendrobium species for sale... :)

Dan

Latest posts

Back