Mrs. Roots Orchids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
I read the article in the recent O.D. about Mrs. Roots Orchids-a flasking business. The article was very interesting, I thought. I couldn't find a website for them. Does anyone know if there is one?

Yeah, there's one young lady pictured in the article that would make a fine Richard Feynman!!! :drool:

-Steve Jobs

I don't believe they have a website. They are located down here in Westminster/Huntington Beach. There are quite a few hobbyist and nurseries that use them, including me.
Very nice people and they do nice flasking!
Peter T.

An orchid by any other name would smell so sweet? (As long as its a Neo!)

I don't believe they have a website. They are located down here in Westminster/Huntington Beach. There are quite a few hobbyist and nurseries that use them, including me.

Ah, ok.

Speaking of O.D., what a piece of art! I just started getting a subscription and I can't believe the quality of the photos both in the magazine and on the cover. Okay, and I don't just look at the pretty pictures, I read the articles too. :D

Joanne

Interesting how so many of us Roots ended up in the orchid business.

is that root or roots? ufford(s) and root(s) are related; each married the other a few times in upstate ny around the turn of the century (1800's to 1900's) in upstate ny... I work with a root whose family also came to north america in the early 1630's, and he used to do landscaping, mowing and tropical bonsai when in florida

The Mrs. Root that I'm mentioning is actually the sister-in-law to Terry Root.

I think your name can definately tweak with your destiny. Think of all the Payne, Pain, Panes out there who are dentists. My allergist, who I got shots from once a week for 2 years, was named Dr. Au (pronounced OW. Like OW you gave me a damn shot in the arm.)

My allergist, who I got shots from once a week for 2 years, was named Dr. Au (pronounced OW. Like OW you gave me a damn shot in the arm.)

:) sounds like some issues there! perhaps you'd like to give your allergist an 'au-ie'?

i hadn't even stopped to think that terry root could possibly be a relative (if related to the other upstate ny roots...)

is that root or roots? ufford(s) and root(s) are related; each married the other a few times in upstate ny around the turn of the century (1800's to 1900's) in upstate ny... I work with a root whose family also came to north america in the early 1630's, and he used to do landscaping, mowing and tropical bonsai when in florida

Interesting, my family is Root but as far as we know, didn't come to the states until the early 1900's.

I think your name can definately tweak with your destiny. Think of all the Payne, Pain, Panes out there who are dentists. My allergist, who I got shots from once a week for 2 years, was named Dr. Au (pronounced OW. Like OW you gave me a damn shot in the arm.)

In Albuquerque there was a dentist - Dr. Ken Hurt. His motto was "it's a name, not an intention." :D

They probably won't make it through customs! but if they do... :fight:

That said, if they could get the Paph. malipoense fragrance combined with besseae colouring - I'd have a new perfect plant! Until then...:evil:

Latest posts

Back