More Tannaci Brachys

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

GaryB

I guess it pays to buy good plants - most of Nick's plant are in bud or bloom. Here's a couple worth looking at.

First, can you get any rounder than this Paph Matrix (S. Gratrix x Conco-bellatulum)? It's a first bloom plant, the stem supports the flower (but leans forward so it has a little help to show it nicely) and has heavy substance. One other Matrix has been awarded; this one is a little smaller but I think the shape is great.

paphmatrix.jpg

Next is S. Gratrix 'Half Flat Albino' x (Double Grey x Monica) 'Superb Snow Giant'. Again a first bloom plant. Substance is good and the stem almost supports the flower. I like the cream color, the shape of the pouch and the fine pattern of spots

pun733sgratrixxdoublegr.jpg
/13/pun733sgratrixxdoublegr.jpg[/IMG]

Finally, an slightly odd shaped S. Otogrozen ( S. Gratrix x bellatulum). But it is very heavy and waxy and I like the spotting. One award to this cross. If it opens better on future bloomings, it's as big as the awarded clone.
paphotogrozen.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the photos

Gary

WOW!! The stuff from Nick is just 'AWESOME', just sorry I didn't get any.... Jim.

Lovely blooms Gary!
A couple of my Matrix seem to have stronger stems,too! Makes for a much nicer presentation.

Great blooms! I love the dramatic spotting of the third! Shame I couldn't get any of these.

Back