mixed phrags (seyour towers and pearcei)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My first phrag seymour tower has an old second flower, and I recently received another one in flower from norman's orchids. I'd been waiting about a month for a shipping window to have normans send some plants. We got tired of waiting, so decided on overnight shipping and then one day (wednesday) was above freezing so I gave them the go-ahead. turns out north carolina, tennessee and area was about to have a messy storm, and sure enough fedex express landed the plane in tenessee! (sigh) It did make it out of the airport before flights got delayed, so it arrived here at work on time! It is even darker and bigger than the first one I got a few weeks ago! Norman's did a great job of packing the plant so that all the flowers made it through cleanly. It's a great plant by the way, and they still have more listed as available. The plant I received has flowers that are very close to the ones on their website

pst2box315a.JPG

pst2box315b.JPG

phrag315d.JPG

second flower of first seymour tower and flower of second

phrag315c.JPG

second bloom, orchids for you seymour tower

phrag315e.JPG

norman's seymour tower

phrag315f.JPG

phrag315g.JPG

phrag315g2.JPG

phrags315a.JPG

two seymour towers and phrag pearcei

when I went to the deep cut orchid society show a few weeks ago, ecuagenera had a pile of orchids and one phrag pearcei that had two flower spikes; one with an old flower and more buds, and a new spike coming up. it was only $20! I wasn't planning on buying a pearcei, but later when I went back and it was still there I bought it

phraq315h.JPG

phrag315i.JPG

phrag315j.JPG

Interesting to see the variation in flowers for the Seymour Tower. Is one type better for seeing the fenestrations?

If I remember from last nights pic taking, the darker one seemed to have more visible windows. Maybe the lighter one was a schlimii pod parent and the darker the dalessandroi? Might explain the differences. The fragrances are almost identical though I think a tiny bit different

Looking closely tonight both flowers have the fenestration marks, but the redder one has thinner spots where more light shows through

Last edited:
Back