micranthum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is growing in a 6 inch pot with Orchiata. There are three growths and they are all in bud, but this one decided to bloom first. It was purchased as a seedling and I do not have information regarding parents. The flower measures 9cm wide x 12 cm tall. Mike

Very nice set up you have. What is your shading, you seem like you have a healthy source of light.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gego

I have a Florian greenhouse with heavy shading. The plants still get a lot of light and I have to be careful that they don't burn or dry out. I jokingly call it my "desiccatorium". Mike

Jens

I grow these in Orchiata with a little extra perlite and I tend to let them dry out a bit, especially in the winter. The temperatures can range from a low of 55 degrees F (13 C) during a winter night to as much as 100 degrees F (38 C) on a summer day. They get a lot of light all year long, as much as any of my Cattleya. They grow well without any blemishes on the leaves and flower regularly, so they must like these conditions. Mike

Thank you for the input, Mike!

And by the way, the other plants on the shelves look so healthy and well grown, too! And as Ozpaph already remarked: what a well ordered GH! Good work!

Kind regards,
Jens

Back