Mega rockwool cubes

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I had more of them and places to put, I used the mini cubes with small bark or Aussie bark, some diatomite charcoal and sponge rock in aircone pots, usually sitting in a little water. This was in upstate ny heated apartment
In general, I still place phrags that have mini cubes in the media in a little water

Are any of you who are using the mini-cubes for the smaller Phrags. sitting the pots in water, or just watering more frequently?
I water the plant you see (in a 5.5” pot) every 6 or 7 days. Maybe a day more now with less light and 74 degree days. When I see the mix dry at the top about ¾”. They are not sitting in water.

Thanks all! I just put a very slow growing Phrag. sargentianum 'Really Red' (x self) seedling into Mini-Cubes w no other mix constituent, and placed the pot in 1" of rain water. Also put four Paph. species that have been struggling for years (!) into Mini-Cubes alone, but will water these weekly, w pots not sitting in water. Not going 'whole hog' into the Mini-Cubes, but just getting a feel for how the plants react.

Relative to watering frequency... I always reach back to what many phrags are getting in situ . Where most are getting constant water via seeps in rock fissures. So '''watered'' vs "wet" or ''lushed' vs 'stagnant' becomes more the conversation. Ray has a lot to say about that. And empirical evidence in my greenhouse supports it well.

Latest posts

Back