Massive fire Day

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dot, as in every country, the sick, the aged, handicapped, or mentally ill slip through the gaps. I know its tough but somehow we have to make governments realise that charity has to start at home and put a lot of the money that is spread around the world supposedly helping, is going straight into the pockets of corrupt officials and not to the people who need it, into services desperate for funds at home. I know that many of the countries Australia supports spends most of the money on the defence forces and in one country they took over, shoot, jail or make disappear anyone even if they even think about disputing anything.

Dot, as in every country, the sick, the aged, handicapped, or mentally ill slip through the gaps. I know its tough but somehow we have to make governments realise that charity has to start at home and put a lot of the money that is spread around the world supposedly helping, is going straight into the pockets of corrupt officials and not to the people who need it, into services desperate for funds at home. I know that many of the countries Australia supports spends most of the money on the defence forces and in one country they took over, shoot, jail or make disappear anyone even if they even think about disputing anything.

I agree with you Dot.
I always thought that it is a shame that some countries which are less advanced than us could have free education at college level yet we are throwing money into pockets of corrupted dictators around the world, instead of giving each kid in America a chance to go to college without bankrupt their parents.

That's sad, Roy. It's sad that society can't recognize these problems early on, and prevent such behavior in the first place. I don't have any answers. Maybe someday...

Given the winds and extreme heat, into wouldn't take much of a deliberate act (or even a stupid accident) to set these fires off. It's bad enough with crazy folk loose as described, but there's just not enough room to lock up every suspicous character or careless smoker when the whole place is a tinder box.

Given the winds and extreme heat, into wouldn't take much of a deliberate act (or even a stupid accident) to set these fires off. It's bad enough with crazy folk loose as described, but there's just not enough room to lock up every suspicous character or careless smoker when the whole place is a tinder box.

You are right Rick. And most fires still start by natural causes - lightning strikes etc (75% I read somewhere). You will never stop them. Just a matter of trying to minimise there impact. With our climate becoming more and more extreme this may be difficult.

David

It happened here too in Northern Nevada. A couple of crazy guys started a wild fire near Carson City a couple of summers ago.:mad:

Ramon:)

Latest posts

Back