Masdevallia princeps

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticshaun

Reaction score
This one hasn't flowered for awhile after repotting issues (I put it off for too long). If I don't damage the spike it will bloom successively for many months. Grown under lights, intermediate temps (15-25 degrees C) and moderate humidity (50-80 %). If this is the prince of Masdevallias I'd love too see the goliath (or an ayapacana) to compare for size, each tail is 5 inches but the lower pair reflexe 90 degrees. It would be interesting to see what a variety of it's hybrids look like.
IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

Shaun

I have seen Masd ayabacana and it is a smaller flowers but darker color. This princeps is as big as Masd goliath, but in a diferent color ( check de book Orquideas Nativas del Ecuador )
Thanks for sharing a good pic.

Beautiful flower!!!! I love the spotting!!!! Is this Ludisia in the background...????(3rd pic) Do you have any idea why do they turn in this state (dead leaves and loose stems)????? Thanks, Thanasis...:D

My Ludisia gets very little light and hasn't been repotted for years. I keep meaning to trim off some tops to propagate a new plant but haven't got around to butchering it (I have given away a few rooted cuttings before but I'm not 100% successful at rooting them). It keeps blooming every couple of months as well.

Shaun

Do you use a root enhancer to promote root growth or you just pot it up and raise hymidity??? Thanks, Thanasis

Latest posts

Back