Masdevalia infracta

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a nicely coloured one Rick. I have one in flower at the moment too, definitly my easiest masdy as well.

I have been wanting to get one of these since it is warmth tolerant. But I can't find any. I love it!

Yay! I love new Masdie recruits :)
There are quite a few Masdies that will tolerate warmer conditions if the humidity and air movement are good. Keep experimenting :)

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

Nice blooming Rick, it is a division of one of my infracta. You got really good color to develop. Sometimes under lights the color is not as intense.

Masd infracta is definitely temperature tolerant. It has come through fairly hot (for Chicago area) summers without any burnt foliage. Most of my Masdevallias get some leaf burn in summer. My house is not air conditioned.

Masd infracta comes from fairly low elevation, from Panama, so it is considered and intermediate to warm growing Masdevallia. They also like almost as much sun as Cattleya. Biggest mistake many people make with Masdevallia is that they think 'cool growing' and assume that it means 'shade loving'. Shade is cooler than sun, but shade is not what they want.

Well done Rick. Glad it is performing from you.

Nice one Rick. I also dabbled with the masdevallia in the last year. I have two blooming at the moment but no spikes on the other ones as of yet. Does anyone out there know if Masdavallia tovarensis is also an intermediate grower? All of mine are crosses at the moment.

Latest posts

Back