manzurii x richteri

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I understand. I meant, Beside the colour and the type of leaves (Wössen as more of a grasslike foliage) there isn't enough difference to this cross compared to Wössen (and other crosses made with manzurii) to say that manzurii could stand as it's own species.

Sorry, english is not my first language (nor my second when I think of it) :)

PS: repot your plant. The foliage looks suspecious...

Silvan English is not my first language neither... and frequently i cannot write exactly what i am thinkng.
wossen can have some kind of variability from both sides... remember that richteri is pearcei x boissierianum and boissierianun (sl) is extremely variable in plant habit... also it is schlimii...

Most part of my plants need repotting... you are rigth! specially this one that is overpotted. thanks a lot!:)

Most part of my plants need repotting... you are rigth! specially this one that is overpotted. thanks a lot!:)

I just can't resist commenting when I see a Phrag in need of repotting especially when it's grown by a pro :poke:
:)

The caudatum "group" is all seperated so I thought that it was more lax with Phragmipedium...
;)

In the caudatum group you can distinguish between the 5 (6) species easily and you can use a very simple key to split them ... but in schlimii group we could not find a key to split schlimii and manzurii... thrust me I have been trying to find a key for years (you can read old posts here ...) but so far I have been unsuccesful I though that the fenestrations and the pouch rim could work but it does not ...

I just can't resist commenting when I see a Phrag in need of repotting especially when it's grown by a pro :poke:
:)

I am so lazy for repotting and really (not kidding) I am not good growing Phrags... I have literally killed toons of seedlings... but i promise i will repot this plant as son as it ends this flowering season

Latest posts

Back