Lobophylla

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Eric Muehlbauer

Here is my Lobophylla...its the largest coral in my tank. I've had it for quite a few years and its gotten pretty large. There is also a branch of Montipora digitata in the picture. Take care, Eric

Pretty cool Eric. It's been years since I did the aquarium gig. What's the life support system for your tank?

Very simple....an Aquaclear 300, with only carbon, no other filter media....a Remora skimmer, a maxijet 1200 for circulation...sandbed about 3" deep. That's it......Eric

Very simple....an Aquaclear 300, with only carbon, no other filter media....a Remora skimmer, a maxijet 1200 for circulation...sandbed about 3" deep. That's it......Eric

What's your water exchange rate?

Is the skimmer a venturi type? How was it sized relative to the total tank size?

Don't know the exchange rate...the skimmer isn't a venturi...I think its a countercurrent. The basic Remora skimmer...rated for 100 gal, which means that its really more suited to tanks my size (55 gal). Its generally considered the best skimmer in its price range (usually about $130 now...less when I bought it). I don't get much skimate overall...don't have to woory about overflowing. Take care, Eric

Back