last three of this year

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great bloomings! Your P. coccineum doesn't have much red in it. That x siamense looks like a rocket taking off! tall spike with a green nose cone on the end! good job

Your pics are lovely! :clap: henry's a favorite! I would also like to see more red in the coccineum, but what can one do?! I'm not a fan of siamense BUT one has to admire that tall spike, it's gonna be noticed one way or the other!

very nice all the 3 (or 4:))!!!
(I had a siamense blooming beginning 07, then almost collapsed and is now just surviving, not growing any more :eek:)
Jean

Very nice! The coccineum looks like a regular barbigerum to me; but, I'm no expert in these. It is beautiful, nontheless. That siamense is WAY cool! It's a new species for me. I've never seen one. I like it very much. You should self it and make flasks or at least, share the seeds.

....The coccineum looks like a regular barbigerum to me....

I second this and I'm fairly sure it's P. barbigerum. If I was you I would write a new tag for it. But nevertheless it's a nice one and so are the other ones.
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

@ John M : P. x siamense is one natural hybride (callosum x appletonianum)
I had a doubt about his identity. now I have a certainty. I must find a coccineum now.
danke auch Rudolf :wink:

@ john mickel : it's large bark. not what is better but I must repot this spring.

@ NYEric : no, not in this moment… it snows :(

all three are lovely... never seen the xsiamense before either, and i think it's kinda cool... not everything has to be flat.

and the coccineum, might be a barbigerum and if that is the case, then to me looks like every other decent looking barbig around...

so now, what is the difference between coccineum and barbigerum.. apart from the red in the former?

Latest posts

Back