Laelia purpurata var. shusteriana specimen

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
This plant is about 5 years out of flask and has lived in this 4" teak hanger for pretty much its whole life. every year it gets better and now finally it is putting on a real show.

enjoy!

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

ridiculous roots
IMG_2598-1.jpg

I'll call that a specimen. Beautiful flowers. I've heard that there are orchid societies in Brazil dedicated solely to the cultivars of this species.

THAT plant is 5 years out of flask? So, from de-flasking, it is now that large?

Hmmm. This plant might help shusteriana edge out werkh. as my fave purpurata flavor!

VERY well done!!!

Wow! Never seen such a healthy Laelia purpurata in my life till now!

It seems to me that some of the healthest Cattleya are grown without media!

Paphman910

Ridiculous is right Pete! Almost unbelievable! 5 Years what a show stopper. Who's the dude hold this ridiculously beautiful Laelia? You?

yes bryan- 5 years 6 months out of flask. paphman. im converting all my cattleya types to either no media, or wine corks over the course of the past couple years. they grow unbelievably better that way. Rick-thats me with the plant.

This is an unbelievably outstanding well grown plant!!!!:drool::drool::drool:
So beautiful!

That is an immense beauty, all those well shaped blooms with that great coloration :clap: !!!! :clap:

But from my small local, bad weather experience hard to believe that the plant is only 5 years old :eek: !?

Jean

That is trully a nice plant!!!!

Must be a treat to have such excellent growing conditions outdoors.

Congratulations are in place :D

Latest posts

Back