Laelia jongheana alba

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since you have grown this successfully, I would appreciate your growing advice, I have not grown this species but find that it has that necessary species charm that would add greatly to an orchid exhibit when grown well. Potting mix, temp. humidity, and watering regime would be helpful. Also knowledge of bloom longevity. Cheers.

Since you have grown this successfully, I would appreciate your growing advice, I have not grown this species but find that it has that necessary species charm that would add greatly to an orchid exhibit when grown well. Potting mix, temp. humidity, and watering regime would be helpful. Also knowledge of bloom longevity. Cheers.
Thanks.It is not too hard to grow. I grow it in orhiata bark, 18-25 mm, in pot.Plant tends to grow upwards, not problem, its free roots are doing well if humiditiy is not too low, optimal between 70-85 %. It got 20/20/20+te+7cao+3mgo fertilizer, 450 us with rain water (rain water is cca 50 uS), pH of fertilizer is adjusted between 5,5-6,0, once per week every time of year. It got plus artef light from beginning of okt. to end of march, 100 w 4000k led from 1m.

Thanks.It is not too hard to grow. I grow it in orhiata bark, 18-25 mm, in pot.Plant tends to grow upwards, not problem, its free roots are doing well if humiditiy is not too low, optimal between 70-85 %. It got 20/20/20+te+7cao+3mgo fertilizer, 450 us with rain water (rain water is cca 50 uS), pH of fertilizer is adjusted between 5,5-6,0, once per week every time of year. It got plus artef light from beginning of okt. to end of march, 100 w 4000k led from 1m.
Thanks, that is helpful, my conditions are intermediate most of the year but I do get to 30c. in mid summer. I also harvest rainwater and use it exclusively. Also I am noticing that the results of using supplemental light October to April on my bench under hanging plants is leading to improved blooming and growth, so yes to that. I will likely try in in a hanging basket, because of lack of supply I have been making my own using mahogany for the last year and they are superior to anything I can buy. jongheana alba and as dark a clone of lavender I can find, not on my list. Cheers.

Attachments

• basket 4 and 5.jpg
    basket 4 and 5.jpg
    707.3 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back