Koopman Orchids now online

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious, and have a couple of questions. Where on the site does it state that this just the beginning and not complete? Possible you heard that elsewhere? So are you stating that we must have CITES paperwork on our end in order to order a few plants?

Just curious, and have a couple of questions. Where on the site does it state that this just the beginning and not complete? Possible you heard that elsewhere? So are you stating that we must have CITES paperwork on our end in order to order a few plants?
Bob it doesn’t say it on the site. It was in email correspondence. Here are the emails. It’s self explanatory. Start at the bottom of each screen shot. On their website there is a drop down for what country you are from so it looks like they ship pretty worldwide.
IMG_2562.jpegIMG_2563.jpeg

The prices did seem a bit high, so it’s good to know that the legal paperwork is included.

However, apparently that upcharge applies for each and every plant in an order, when it really only needs to be paid once.

The prices did seem a bit high, so it’s good to know that the legal paperwork is included.

However, apparently that upcharge applies for each and every plant in an order, when it really only needs to be paid once.
I’d email them and ask because it’s not clear. I’m sure when the website is complete all that info will be on it. [email protected]

Thanks for pointing this out. There was a time when I lived close enough to Hadley that I was able to visit his collection on a semi-regular basis. I also recall one of the last times I went to an orchid show (pre-covid) and seeing an unforgettably beautiful display from Marriott that included a hybrid which is burned into my memory: Paphiopedilum Hot Stuff. I don't know if the plant I saw at the time was the same cultivar offered on this site, but I suppose it doesn't matter because it's sold out and a bit beyond my budget. That flower was enormous and the yellow was so bright it caught my attention from across the room -- and that's saying something considering there was a wonderful Paph. Liberty Taiwan in the same display. If I recall correctly, the Paphiopedilum Hot Stuff had beautiful slightly mottled foliage, which makes sense given the hybrid is 50% armeniacum.

Koopman Orchids is not far from where I live and I had the pleasure of visiting the greenhouse last Saturday. Regan was very generous with his time and was happy to let my friend and me poke around for several hours. He's still sorting through all the Marriott plants because he works out of the country for six months of the year so it's taking a while to get everything organized and up on the website. If something online says sold out check back at a later date. It's possible there are more plants on the other side of the greenhouse that just haven't been sorted yet. The greenhouse is not open to the public but visits can be arranged. He hopes to one day have a store front for the public but that's a long way off. Yes, he's shipping plants now and said he'll ship worldwide. As for the prices, he offers divisions of awarded Marriott plants so of course they carry higher price tags. The seedling plants that Hadley started are large and many are already in bud and blooming so I think those prices are very reasonable. I don't know what the additional cost would be to ship out of country so can't comment on that. Regan plans to continue propagating the Marriott plants so that's really good news for us paph growers. And finally, I should add that I'm now the proud caregiver of 16 Marriott paphs. Once I find more room on my light stands I'll no doubt be adding more. Honestly, to see all those paphs in the greenhouse was like being a kid walking into a toy store :)

Koopman Orchids is not far from where I live and I had the pleasure of visiting the greenhouse last Saturday. Regan was very generous with his time and was happy to let my friend and me poke around for several hours. He's still sorting through all the Marriott plants because he works out of the country for six months of the year so it's taking a while to get everything organized and up on the website. If something online says sold out check back at a later date. It's possible there are more plants on the other side of the greenhouse that just haven't been sorted yet. The greenhouse is not open to the public but visits can be arranged. He hopes to one day have a store front for the public but that's a long way off. Yes, he's shipping plants now and said he'll ship worldwide. As for the prices, he offers divisions of awarded Marriott plants so of course they carry higher price tags. The seedling plants that Hadley started are large and many are already in bud and blooming so I think those prices are very reasonable. I don't know what the additional cost would be to ship out of country so can't comment on that. Regan plans to continue propagating the Marriott plants so that's really good news for us paph growers. And finally, I should add that I'm now the proud caregiver of 16 Marriott paphs. Once I find more room on my light stands I'll no doubt be adding more. Honestly, to see all those paphs in the greenhouse was like being a kid walking into a toy store :)
Thank you! Hadley’s plants never were cheap because of the quality and consistency of his seedlings. I find his seedling prices very reasonable. I bought a single growth of one of those shown now on the website from Hadley 3 or 4 years ago for $25, which is now a 2 growth on the website for $34. I put 3 in my cart (2 for $34 and one for $49) for shipment to VA with all the import certification and shipping is $40. That also seems reasonable to me.

Last edited:
Thank you! Hadley’s plants never were cheap because of the quality and consistency of his seedlings. I find his seedling prices very reasonable. I bought a single growth of one of those shown now on the website from Hadley 3 or 4 years ago for $25, which is now a 2 growth on the website for $34. I put 3 in my cart (2 for $34 and one for $49) for shipment to VA with all the import certification and shipping is $40. That also seems reasonable to me.
You'll be very happy with what he sends. Regan's a good guy and wants his customers to be happy so let him know if there are any issues with the plants and he'll absolutely make things right. He prices his seedlings as to the size of the pot. The 2.5" pots are $45 Cdn and the 3.5" pots are $55 or 65 Cdn. That said, I have a few in 2.5" pots that are already in bud. So to me those prices are very reasonable.

Latest posts

Back