kolopakingii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just me or does the dorsal have a crown or horns on it? Is that typical for kolos? I have not noticed it before.
It is very nice.

Bill

That is a huge plant those blooms are comin from, very nice thick flowers, 1 or multiple growth plant?

I like it allot Gary. What is the leaf span of this plant?

Does it have some cool history like so many of your plants?

Very nice! Is it fragrant?
Yes, in an unpleasant way, I would be inclined to call it an odor rather than a fragrance.

That is a huge plant those blooms are comin from, very nice thick flowers, 1 or multiple growth plant?
One mature and one near mature growth, with another new start.

I like it allot Gary. What is the leaf span of this plant?

Does it have some cool history like so many of your plants?
Just shy of 90cm, but the next growth looks like it will be a touch bigger.
Unfortunately no history to this plant. This was purchased as a seedling at a local slipper symposium a few years back. My favorite plants are those with a bit of history, even if they are not the best, or even close.

Great color indeed on this one! How many kolo's do you own!!??
Arround 20 I think. From various sources, some old, some new. I have one clone from the 80's which is very dark, it makes this one look like an album:)

The side view of multis is so bizarre. This one is quite pretty, but it looks
ready to attack just anybody who happens to be around. eeekkkk!
Angela, strangely the kolos are very sneaky, they often flower without being noticed (in my greenhouse in any case). They have these long spikes and open blooms hidden in the hanging plants above:(

I'm envious of any blooming kolo! My first rotted away. I now have a couple but neither is near blooming.
Yours is great, Gary! How have you managed to amass 20? Long years of collecting?

How have you managed to amass 20? Long years of collecting?

Greed? (And long years of collecting, a few of my kolos date back to the early 80's. I have a few flasks of kolo showing acceptable germination, so I guess that if I don't start selling flasks soon, I will have a few hundred kolos and a family that will disown me!

Latest posts

Back