Kind of Malipo.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjorn

Reaction score
Sold as Malipoense hiepii. Shape could be better and got sunburn from the lamp:eek: And as usual, the photo quality sucks:sob:

However the sheer size of it NS14cm was quite impressing.

big flower. I am looking at the staminode, and the shape of the pouch. I don't think this plant is heipii. It is not Paph jackii either. You should check Averyanov's book Slipper Orchids of Vietnam.

My guess this is a hybrid between malipoense and jackii, or it is a narrow petal version of malipoense. But it does not look like heipii.

Regardless the name, nicely grown and flowered.

big flower. I am looking at the staminode, and the shape of the pouch. I don't think this plant is heipii. It is not Paph jackii either. You should check Averyanov's book Slipper Orchids of Vietnam.

My guess this is a hybrid between malipoense and jackii, or it is a narrow petal version of malipoense. But it does not look like hiepii

I checked Averyanov's book and I am still abit confused. In many sense it seems to be a narrow petalled malipo, but somehow the shape of the staminode does not match entirely:confused: Could be a hybrid.:confused:

Hi the ones I have seen from malipo hiepii looks fully different, some was posted here too I think.
Maybe you should send a pic to Hilmar, is it from him???
Mine will need a little bit more to flower.
By the way if you look at some asian seller list you see hiepii as kind and you can find malipo hiepii at the same seller.

I'll go along with Leo and you, Bjorn. I really haven't seen solid proof hiepii exsist. Can anyone show me differently?

Back