Just starting out

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mattryan

Hello I just joined today. I have many different types of orchids already and I have a Maudiae type paph. I'm not very sure that I am growing it properly. I recently went to an orchid show and purchased 2 more paphs. I want to give them the best care possible and will be posting questions in the newbie section. I just wanted to introduce myself and do some reading. I feel that joining a site specific to slipper orchids would help me out. About me I live in Ontario Canada and have been growing various types of orchids for about 4 yrs. I have about 85 orchids (yikes!!) my hubby says addiction i refer to as hobby. I went to my first orchid show this year and am planning on joining the orchid club. I find it a very rewarding hobby. My eyes still glaze over when talking about the chemistry side of fertilization, but I am willing to learn. I look forward to learning from people on this site and expanding my growing experience. Cheryl

Hello I just joined today.... I feel that joining a site specific to slipper orchids would help me out.
Definitely!
About me I live in Ontario Canada and have been growing various types of orchids for about 4 yrs. I have about 85 orchids (yikes!!) my hubby says addiction i refer to as hobby.
:clap::clap::rollhappy::rollhappy: You're still at step 1 - denial, but that's OK so are a lot of us and we've been involved for more than 4 years!

I went to my first orchid show this year and am planning on joining the orchid club. I find it a very rewarding hobby.
Good idea, joining a club can be fun & rewarding & a wonderful learning resource!
My eyes still glaze over when talking about the chemistry side of fertilization, but I am willing to learn. I look forward to learning from people on this site and expanding my growing experience. Cheryl
Me too, I'm the 'keep it simple' kind!
Sounds like you will fit right in! Welcome!

Thankyou for the warm welcomes! I will be posting a few questions in the days to come once I have looked over the site!

Cheryl

Welcome, Cheryl. 85 orchids is a nice start -- you'll be amazed at how fast your collection will grow as a result of joining Slippertalk!

Welcome! I'm still learning about the chemical side of fertilization, I'm just starting to understand it and I'm happy about that. And yes, my collection grew by 50+ orchids as a result of Slipper Talk!

Hi from Luxembourg Cheryl!!!! I am with orchids since almost 25 years now, and am still very confused when it comes to water and fertilizing chemestry ! Some nevertheless survive here :) !! Jean

Latest posts

Back