Just joining you all!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nutz4Paphs

CCE/AOS :-)
Reaction score
Hi all other slipper fanatics. I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been growing paphs since i was 15 years old - Paph. insigne. I have now developed quite an extensive collection of plants/flasks/compots. My latest purchase was a division of kolopaingii 'Riopelle' FCC that I bought directly from one of my biggest heros in the orchid world, Marie Riopelle herself. It has 2 bloomed growths and 2 nearly mature so I will have awesome photos hopefully this coming spring/summer.
My other prized possessions are: a compot of parishii that I am selfishly hoarding all to myself :clap:, a recently awarded (april) emersonii hybrid, some cutting edge complexes, and a henryanum alba that is stunning! I think I am going to try to find a highly awarded henryanum to cross it with and do a 2 step to get an even better alba.
Also, I am moving to Austin TX in the next few months for graduate school so any growers in TX, be sure to say hi. I would love to hear from you and any advice as to growing in the heat.
Well, I do hope to find a great community here - lots of growing support, lots of great pictures, and good times.

Welcome, I am impressed with the collection & the skill..
I only manage to kill my plants so far. The more expensive the plant, the easier for me to kill it. (I rarely have phal & oncidium lost:D)
But alba paphs & the similarly expensive type, that is another story (You have to say that my resident insects got good & expensive taste, literally)

great to have you, sounds like we're in for some treats in the future. henryanum alba, I must see pics of that.

Welcome from Chicago. Can't wait to see some pix of the henry album especially. Austin is by far my favorite city in TX. Hook 'em horns.

-Ernie

Welcome to the forum, awesome place for you to come and learn and share with us. I would love to see a photo of that as well.

I hope you enjoy it here.

Back