Just got home from Parkside Orchids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This morning my wife and I had just woken up and she turned to me and asked if I wanted to take the 4 hour ride and go to Parkside and visit my friend John. Naturally, I said yes. Two of the green houses had been shut down for the winter so the paphs were a bite crowded yet still in order. I purchased a large bag of charcoal, 12 bags of bark and some plants.

This is what I bought:

A division of Paph Red Glory '#2' x Paph. Mem. Arthur Coetzee in flower
Paph Chiu Hua Dancer (gigantifolium x samderianum) in bud
Paph Becky Fouke (Armeni White 'Moon Light' x primulium v album) in sheath
A division of Paph Sue Franz (William Matthews x Cyberspace) I saw the flower but when he split it the side with the flower had poor roots so he gave me the other half.
Paph Hsingying Web x Paph charlesworthii '#7" in flower
Paph godefroyae var leucochilum
A division of Paph bellatulum x sib (#7 x 'Purple Rain') This was not in flower or bud but the large flower is close to the FCC clone
Paph Hsinying Concon "Golden Bell' x godefroyae "Gorbachev' AM/OSROC in bud
Pap Wossner Goldegg (Pine Glow 'Ching Hua #1' x armeniacum in flower
Paph Norito Haswgawa (mailipoense 'Emerald' x armeniacum 'New Year') This was a very large single growth plant
A division of Paph Julius 'Candor' FCC/AOS x stonei 'Killsworth's Delight' AM/AOS in flower
and believe it or not C. Cherry Song 'pink' in flower

If anyone has seen the Hsinying Concon x godefroyae in flower I'd love to know what the flower is going to look like.

Last edited:
Hey Bob,

Take any pics of these divisions buddy lol. I know Id like to see. :)

Wow, that's an important purchase!!!! All of them FS? Jean

btw. a flowering catt is always nice ,be it only to remember us that orchids may have a non-slipper shape :):)!

Russ, you are indeed right, Donna does share me with another women, Elvira. For you that don't know who Elvira is I'll tell you. She is a custom chopper that I had built. But to tell the truth if I had to chose, Donna would come up the winner.

JeanLux, sorry I didn't answer your question earlier. Yes, these were all flowering size plants. All the division where 2 or more growths and the other plants had a min. of 2 growths.

Chien, thanks for pointing me to the photo. John had two of those that he received in a mixed lot of orchids. I bought one and left one for someone else.

Nice day of shopping!!!

I'm almost convinced this hobby is like owning a
boat.
Break out another thousand.

Latest posts

Back