Johanna Burkhardt 'Ella'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any time you see "Dark _____" as the clonal name for adductum you can bet it is var. anitum as is the case here.

Yes, the US gov't and the AOS together created deceitful misrepresentation of hybrids. Impatient growers run to judging with these Wossner Black Wings labelled as JBs just to get a selfish award. Then a guy like me comes along with a true JB and can't get the time of day let alone get an award quality plant looked at.
The same outcome but with different beginings occur with Susan Booths. In the late 90's/ early 2000's all these dark S. Booths were being awarded with wilheminiae as a parent. Now known as Wm. Ambler.
Another case, a friend got a hangianum X malipo awarded with an AM under the false name Larry Heuer. Same crap, he should of waited.

Yes, the US gov't and the AOS together created deceitful misrepresentation of hybrids. Impatient growers run to judging with these Wossner Black Wings labelled as JBs just to get a selfish award. Then a guy like me comes along with a true JB and can't get the time of day let alone get an award quality plant looked at.
The same outcome but with different beginings occur with Susan Booths. In the late 90's/ early 2000's all these dark S. Booths were being awarded with wilheminiae as a parent. Now known as Wm. Ambler.
Another case, a friend got a hangianum X malipo awarded with an AM under the false name Larry Heuer. Same crap, he should of waited.

I understand your frustration, but I disagree that the growers are to blame for this bullshit situation. The AOS were the ones who decided they had a moral obligation to uphold a law the rest of the world saw as crap.

Why should a grower wait for an award of a clearly exceptional plant because the management of the AOS see themselves as plant cops instead of accepting the plant for what they are.

For example the jb's were imported in flask as roth x adductum var anitum. In the years of growing anitum was upgraded to species status but the AOS refused to recognise that these were now roth x anitum and therefore declded they would not judge the plants if labeled as wossner black wings. Absolutely the fault of the AOS.

Latest posts

Back