jackii x malipoense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Ayreon

jackiimali2013.jpg

Was a while since I had this one in bloom. It tries to kill itself once in a while, but somehow I have always managed to save it :)

I like it alot! How do you differentiate it from a pure malipoense?

What is the logic behind making this cross?:confused:
It strikes me that a lot of jackii are too close to malipoense already and create that same old problem. Surely this makes the situation worse. I dont realy see an improvement over either parent?

It strikes me that a lot of jackii are too close to malipoense already and create that same old problem. Surely this makes the situation worse. I dont realy see an improvement over either parent?

I feel your pain.

Nice save once again Ayreon!

It's a nice flower but I agree with that. I don't see what's the interest of this kind of hybrid.
No animosity in this point of view. Just a different opinion.:)

No animosity is intended at all. I was hoping that someone pointed out a reason for the cross that was not immediately apparent. It is an attractive flower, I grant you that, but no more attractive than either parent (in fact not realy different either, just intermediate,.... which kind of puts it nowhere to be honest) Perhaps it matures the spike and bloom more quickly?

Does this plant exhibit hybrid vigor over it's parent species? It's definitely a nice flower. Quite nice, actually. :)

No animosity is intended at all. I was hoping that someone pointed out a reason for the cross that was not immediately apparent. It is an attractive flower, I grant you that, but no more attractive than either parent (in fact not realy different either, just intermediate,.... which kind of puts it nowhere to be honest) Perhaps it matures the spike and bloom more quickly?

Does this plant exhibit hybrid vigor over it's parent species? It's definitely a nice flower. Quite nice, actually. :)

I think here lies the answear...giveing a bigger genetic pool breeder may have searched for hybrid vigour,and easy to grow and flower plants...

Yes, and in the same register, the phal violacea alba awarded while they are hybrids with micholitzii...

Interesting for vigor but dangerous.

Latest posts

Back