I've moved!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

orchidman77

Hey folks,

Haven't had much of a chance to post lately because I've just moved to Indiana for graduate school! All my plants survived the move like champions, and i'm so happy to present my new setup!

They're in my bedroom, with LED light strips and a South-facing window. I've set up a humidifier and fan as well. And I have several free shelves that I'll have to fill up somehow in the future... :)

without further ado...

IMG_9257_zps2umxlnnt.jpg

Cheers from Indiana!

David

I am beginning a masters in Piano Performance at the IU Jacobs School of Music in Bloomington, and have a teaching assistantship as well...needless to say, I'll need an outlet from what is sure to be a ton of work! Thanks guys!

David

Wow, that is exciting, David. It is a prestigious school for music! I don't know much about classical music, but Joshua Bell from there used to have concert frequently, and I enjoyed it. There are lots of other good music scene going on, and I really miss it.

I spent lots of time in a couple buildings east of your place (Jordan Hall) as a grad student! B'ton is a wonderful college/party town! I heard Bear's Place is still there. I spent lots of time there after school, washing down the greasy food with beer and discussing science drawn on paper napkins.

Solo or accompaniment?

The degree is in solo playing but I love and play a good deal of chamber music. I believe the degree requires quite a bit of collaborative work - part of my assistantship is collaborative - so I guess both? I'm so excited to start! Aren't you a classical musician, Linus?

Naoki, I haven't been to Bear's place yet but I have been to Motherbear's! Glad to hear you had a good experience there.

The degree is in solo playing but I love and play a good deal of chamber music. I believe the degree requires quite a bit of collaborative work - part of my assistantship is collaborative - so I guess both? I'm so excited to start! Aren't you a classical musician, Linus?

I've played cello since I was 9. I did conservatory in high school. When I moved to DC, I sang in a professional volunteer choir. Between work (law) and the baby, I've curtailed both cello and choir. There are a few professional classical musicians in DC who have an orchid connection.

Oh my I had a teaching assistantship in grad school and
worked my be-hind off for very little pay and long hours
grading compositions and teaching freshman classes. I
wish you all the good vibes I have left! ;>)

That's awesome Linus! I hope you can return to playing/singing someday.

Abax, I'm gearing up now...we'll see if I survive this :rollhappy:

MARTHA!!! I love her! I guess everyone does...that's incredible! She rarely concertizes outside of Europe, so this must have been a big deal indeed.

I had to be in choir for my undergrad as part of my ensemble requirements, and it quickly went from something I had to do to something I loved! I ended up getting voice lessons, go figure...

MARTHA!!! I love her! I guess everyone does...that's incredible! She rarely concertizes outside of Europe, so this must have been a big deal indeed.

I had to be in choir for my undergrad as part of my ensemble requirements, and it quickly went from something I had to do to something I loved! I ended up getting voice lessons, go figure...

She's not playing. She's getting an award:

http://www.kennedy-center.org/pages/specialevents/honors/

I see...good for her! One of these days I'll have to hear her play live somehow.

Latest posts

Back