It's Neofinetia time!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
The names, as they appear on the tags. I don't know what is correct and what is not:

Kouyou

Yodo no matsu

Shutennou - Red Emperor

Shutenou

Shojyo

shutennou - Red Emperor

Higashidemiyako

Mayazaki Pink

Kin Rou Kaku

Kin Rou Kaku

Gojyo fukurin

Neofinetia falcata

Last edited:
Dot, the first photo, the plant with the deep pink flowers is the Kouyou I gave you and not Shutennou. I don't know what the white one is which you have labeled as Kouyou. I think you have also mixed up the names for the one labeled Gojyo Fukurin. Gojyo Fukurin leaves have a bright yellow stripe and white flowers. The correct name for "Higashidenlyaku" is Higashidemiyako. Aside from all that, they all look very nice, happy and healthy! I wish I could smell them from my house!

Gorgeous, Dot! Beautifully grown and I'd imagine you spend a bit of time
each day just sniffing. Do they all smell alike or are the fragrances different
for individual plants?

Dot, the first photo, the plant with the deep pink flowers is the Kouyou I gave you and not Shutennou. I don't know what the white one is which you have labeled as Kouyou. I think you have also mixed up the names for the one labeled Gojyo Fukurin. Gojyo Fukurin leaves have a bright yellow stripe and white flowers. The correct name for "Higashidenlyaku" is Higashidemiyako. Aside from all that, they all look very nice, happy and healthy! I wish I could smell them from my house!
Mark, many of these are from you -- I'm happy I've been able to keep them growing and blooming. Thank you!

I didn't have time today to check the pictures against the tags. When I made the photos, I made a list. I thought I matched the list with the plants, but I could easily have gotten the sequence mixed up. Hopefully, tomorrow I can check things out.
Gorgeous, Dot! Beautifully grown and I'd imagine you spend a bit of time each day just sniffing. Do they all smell alike or are the fragrances different for individual plants?
Fragrances are similar, but each one has its own.
Are these grown in a greenhouse? Mine are just starting to spike.
Yes -- they are growing in my greenhouse.

Latest posts

Back