It's blooming again

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baodai

Reaction score
Enjoy

Attachments

• 2a.JPG
    2a.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 3a.JPG
    3a.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 5a.JPG
    5a.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 54
the first is some sort of bellatulum or bellatulum hybrid. the second is a straight hangi and the third im not sure, maybe a cross of the two? but it looks small for a hangi hybrid.

:clap:Whatever that third one is ......
it's has spots everywhere, including the stam!

the first is some sort of bellatulum or bellatulum hybrid. the second is a straight hangi and the third im not sure, maybe a cross of the two? but it looks small for a hangi hybrid.

Um, thanks Pete; but, I was kinda just making the point that baodai had posted photos without identification.....not something we normally do here. I can pretty much tell what they are; but, there will be some people who will not recognise them....therefore, the photos should be labelled.

Tuan, very nice. I have a question. The first photo of the bellatulum shows three flowers. Are they from the same plant. The one of the right seems to have a nicest shape. If they are all from the same plant, possible the others aren't opened all the way.

obivously early in the blooming of all three but very nice shapes (tobe) on all! Very strong hangianum, three flowers! and the concolor looks to chunky!

Hello All,
Sorry John M., two wrong won't make a right, I was marking my point about no 'labeled', you are getting my point and I'm glad you speak up about it
Bob,
They are the same plant and not fully open yet

some addition:
1) picture on paph. bellatulum is not fully open
2) paph. malipoense from the wild, I hope this picture will show you a little bit of malipoense culture from the wild so you can improve your media

Enjoy

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 19
  • mali.JPG
    mali.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 36
I think the first group of blooms are the parents and a hybrid! On the second it's remarkable how much the in vivo looks like a group of goodyera pubescens I saw growing upstate NY!

wow baodai that malipo picture is excellent. what can you tell us about that area and the weather? I know general malipo culture but just curious about your input. any other pictures??

Pete,
This area has 4 seasons, winter night could be down to 3C, summer day could go 35C or higher, Rain can continue for 2-3 weeks. This is a peak flower season for them.
1) malipoense flower with hirss background
2) Just another paph hiepii
Enojoy
BD

Attachments

• 023a.jpg
    023a.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 027a.jpg
    027a.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 16
wow! thanks! great photos. where are you located???? can i visit???

Back