It is a stoneii anyway

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually have a stonei that was imported from Iweyshen. While the plant itself can be cheap to buy the importation costs are expensive. On top of this the plants will be fumigated at quarantine which really weakens them. My stonei is recovering slowly but it may be years before it is a strong plant again.

Iweyshen has been bringing the plants to Hong Kong by hand quarterly for years and he only charges 20% mark up for packing cost. I also second with you that the plants need time to recover and adapt different environment and some of them even died if they fail to do so, even they are originally strong adult plants.

Nevertheless, after the incident in early April this year, I am not sure if there will be any chance for him to bring plants to Hong Kong by hand in future.

Iweyshen has been bringing the plants to Hong Kong by hand quarterly for years and he only charges 20% mark up for packing cost. I also second with you that the plants need time to recover and adapt different environment and some of them even died if they fail to do so, even they are originally strong adult plants.

Nevertheless, after the incident in early April this year, I am not sure if there will be any chance for him to bring plants to Hong Kong by hand in future.

The problem we have is not with Iweyshen but with the strict Australian importation procedures. Plants imported in from overseas must stay in quarantine for 3 months before they are released. The plants are fumigated (with methyl mercury I think). The fumigation kills every root on the multi florals so you end up with plants in very poor condition. They can take many years to recover if they recover at all. The government importation costs are also very high.

Another spike emerges and 2 buds are opened.

image_zpstj8qf0b3.jpg

image_zpsiyfod4yc.jpg

image_zpsyphkoz3r.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back