ISO - Phrag. Paul Eugene Conroy

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Phil

Is Phrag. Paul Eugene Conroy (ie. longifolium x wallisii) fertile? It's one of my favorite phrags but I don't know of a single hybrid with it as either pod or pollen parent. This summer I tried to cross it with Ruby Slippers several times and each failed.

Good question Phil! I would think if parents weren't 3N then it should be. Phrags can be difficult to breed, how early were you making the cross?

Good question Phil! I would think if parents weren't 3N then it should be. Phrags can be difficult to breed, how early were you making the cross?

The first time I tried soon after the PEC opened. Then someone told me with Caudatum types you should let the petals fully drop. So I tried this on a couple of blooms. Nada.

There exist also the cross with Phrag. Saint Ouen, the Phrag. Deloraine, made by Eric Young Orchid Foundation this year.

Best greetings

Olaf

Thanks for info. I guess I was just unlucky. I'll try again next year. And Phrag Guy, has the cross bloomed? What did it look like? Did you get some colour onto the wallisii form?

Latest posts

Back