Is this Paph. schoseri?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jaxsprout

Hi guys,

Could you help me to identify this paph.?
It looks like schoseri in different colour... this one I got it from Papua...

5585443742_5cc4a0f9ab_z.jpg

compares to below this... looks similar but different colour...

5491355314_ab686cb006_z.jpg

Your flower looks similar, do yo know where in Papua this plant came from? The type location was the island of Baccan. If the distance is small between your plant's location and Baccan, then it may be schoeseri, if not close, I think you need to look at what other species in the group it could be. Olaf Gruss would be best to ask.

For the interim I would label it Paph affinity schoeseri, from ..... include exactly where in Papua it came from and a date collected. Pass this information on with every division of the plant you share with others. It's. A nice one.

For the interim I would label it Paph affinity schoeseri, from ..... include exactly where in Papua it came from and a date collected. Pass this information on with every division of the plant you share with others. It's. A nice one.

Perfect advice Leo

This would be a range extension for shoeseri if the plant originated from Papau. However it could be just a shipping point.

Latest posts

Back