Is this how its supposed to look like..?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
Hi guys.. I have a Pecteilis susannae just going into dormancy and I was wondering if it is meant to have these blackening of the leaves as a sign of natural dying back.. :confused: i hope its not a fungal infection. Can anyone please advise.. Thanks.. :)
IMG_2772.jpg

I really do not know, but then if it is going into dormancy, then it does not matter what happens to the upper plant...;) I got mine in bulb state so I am waiting the flowering season!!!

I can't speak specifically for P. susannae, but your plant looks like a typical terrestrial orchid going into dormancy, especially since it is done blooming. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You could try gently digging through the soil with a finger. Chances are good that you'll find a firm tuber (probably sucking the life out of the above ground growth.)

Gene Z.

Thanks, Gene.. I repotted the plant because the old medium looks too soggy for susannae's liking, and I also snipped off the old stem which has yellowed.. It is now kept drier.. Hope it will regrow and rebloom next year. Susannae has a finicky reputation.. :)

Latest posts

Back