interesting liemianum x hangianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First of all, note that I said interesting and not attractive. The flowers have a natural spread of more than 15 cm and the dorsal is about 5.5 cm. The petals have the texture of velvet. There are at least 2 more buds on each.

Mike

I actually find it very attractive. The colour's are great and the shape is pleasing. Sure, we might look at it and desire the roundness of a hang, but this is quite good to me.

Rick

I purchased this several years ago and it just sat there for a while without doing anything. Then in the last year or so, it doubled in size and bloomed. What I like best is the size and the flowering habit from the liemianum. I'm thinking of crossing it with a Wossner China Moon I have in bloom. That would give it an extra dose of hangianum. The stem might be a little taller and the petals more round. Do not know how much of the yellow would come through. I guess I will find out.

Mike

Very pleasing colours, with an eye catching contrast between the dorsal and the pink of the rest of the segments. Impressive size and good presentation. He'll, what is not to like?

I find it really interesting and desirable.

You´ve done a very good job with those shiny leaves as well. Congrats!;)

Latest posts

Back