In-Charm White x philipinense album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Eric Muehlbauer

I just bought this earlier this week in Chinatown...the place on Centre St. for anyone in NYC (and Eric- they had a couple of phrags). It was only $35, which I think is a great price for a 2 growth paph with 3 open blooms....Take care, Eric

That's a nice hybrid and I like it. Especially the green veins on the dorsal are mesmerizing.
Due to the name China Town seems to bee the right place to buy Paphs.!! :)
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Interesting looking cross. The label could be wrong as In Charm White is a brachy hybrid, which would have made this flower white with some spotting. It's probably some kind of Maudiae album crossed with philippinense album... although I don't even believe that would be possible with the size of those flowers!

However, looking at the leaves on the 2nd pic... I guess it is possible. I would have never predicted this kind of flower.

I agree with Jason that In-Charm White couldn't be a parent of this plant. My first thought is some kind of mottled leaf paph as one of the parents. It looks very similar to Green Horizon which is Makuli by philippinense registered by The Orchid Zone fifteen years ago. The size of the flower is in line with Green Horizon. Color shows that both parents are album.

I bought this plant not knowing the parentage of In-Charm white, just a familiarity with the name of what appears to be a ubiquitous parent recently. I assumed it was a "maudiae"type...and was rather surprised when I saw that it was a godfroyae cross.... But, the leaves, to me, do not look like a maudiae x phil cross....they are very wide, short, and oval....from foliage alone, I could guess that it has some brachy in it..but the flower contradicts this....very interesting, to say the least.......I had to grab it..and the funny thing is, it was cheaper than some of the more conventional multifloral crosses in the store. Take care, Eric

My apologies to everyone...Jason was right. I re-potted the plant today, after bloom, and re-read the tag. its Somers Isle "In-Charm" x philipinense album. I was thrown off partly by the "In-Charm" clonal name, and the fact that the plant next to it (which I later bought at an out of bloom discount) was an In-Charm White cross..(x Pinocchio). Sorry.............Eric

Phil's right! So you left off a couple of words - doesn't change the fact that it's a nice plant/flower!

Latest posts

Back