In Charm Topaz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

One of my favorite helenae crosses (h x Pacific Shamrock)! Compact, vigorous and 3 blooms this year! Slippery passed on some pollen from his henry, cross your fingers!
miFKkYwl.jpg

z7wmScMl.jpg

Thanks guys! As the blooms age they do get yellower. I had a sheer curtain over both my lights & still couldn't reduce the glare! Well lacquered as they say!
nice colour - large plant, though.
7 growths in a 3.5" pot. I've had the plant for 4 years. Yes it's bigger than a helenae but smaller than your usual bulldog type. The leaves are narrower & more upright so I feel it falls into the compact category.

These helenae x complex Paphs are no nice. This is no exception. It will look even nicer when all 3 flowers are open together. Make sure you post a photo when this happens.

Looks nice. I like the yellowish color. I wonder what a back cross to helenae.
That would have been my first choice but didn't have pollen available. I have 5 BS helenae so maybe next year. I also thought exul might be another choice as well as my Mac Worth if I wanted to take a different direction.
The 3rd bloom is about 3/4's open so will have any update soon!

Update

not the best pic, very gray & dreary today but no matter the light there's always plenty of glare off this one!
Ziza9mil.jpg

Rose, are you not concerned that the result will be a bit of a washed out Henry? Interesting route to take, I am keen to see the result!

Rose, are you not concerned that the result will be a bit of a washed out Henry? Interesting route to take, I am keen to see the result!
Who knows? Slippery's henry has deep saturated color. I'm hoping for pink pouch and adding spots to the Topaz background. One can find pics of henry crosses that exhibit just this but I have also seen some that exhibit no henry at all. :(:(
Because they don't take up much room, they're kinda fun to play around with.

Latest posts

Back