If Anybody is Interested...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Clark

http://nyccentury.org/

I will be doing the 35 mile course, with a mountain bike.
Looking to be done in 4-4.5 hrs.

At the moment, I plan on taking train into city.
Can lodge some out of towners.

Don't be shy.

well, I was thinking I need to have the main crank re-greased as it's never been done and i've been in some sandy spots. the chain usually gets wd-40 if it looks dry at work or chain-lube (in a spray can also at work) which sticks to chains fairly well. I also purchased some all-weather chain lube last fall so that I could ride in snow and cruddy weather this winter/spring; one thing I noticed about the more 'persistent' chain-lube and all weather stuff is that the longer a grease persists, the more junk collects on the chains and causes the derailleur (sp?) parts to jump around because of the small hubs and the junk on the chain. I think my whole bike needs to be sprayed with de-gunk spray and then oiled all over again

Good luck with thr race Clark. As for me, I'm actually racing to pot my masdevallias so that they can fill on good growing light before the long dark days of winter begin. :)

I also purchased some all-weather chain lube last fall so that I could ride in snow and cruddy weather this winter/spring; one thing I noticed about the more 'persistent' chain-lube and all weather stuff is that the longer a grease persists, the more junk collects on the chains and causes the derailleur (sp?) parts to jump around because of the small hubs and the junk on the chain. I think my whole bike needs to be sprayed with de-gunk spray and then oiled all over again
My experience, exactly. Cleaning one's chain sucks. Every 100miles here.

Marco- I used to exercise often. But for health reasons, had to put on back burner for a year.

Thanks everybody!

Michel- my Masdes committed suicide. They were honorable, and didn't waste my time.
ummm, not a race. more of a recreational activity with visual stimulants. :)

At this time I am going to plug a business.

While peddling scenic Acadia National Park today, the cable for a shifter snapped. Stuck in first gear!
Leave park, go to Bar Harbor and find Acadia Bike at 48 Cottage St.

Total time bike was broke- 90 minutes. Includes driving time.
Cost of repair- $19.00

No possible way this business could have made us feel better.
:D :D :D

Just realized the date for this.

Hope there is no problems with my backpack and the frozen liquids I'll be hoofing into the city.

Back