Ideas please!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phraggy

Reaction score
Had this plant for the last two years and was bought from a dealer who sometimes deal with EYOF. This Phrag had no identification, the dealer said it just came ' buckshee' in a small consignment. Anyhow the flower opened yesterday , I have been searching the web for identification but came up with nothing. If any kind person can identify I would be most grateful. The plant measurements are as follows:-
Leafspan 22cms.
Plant height is only 13cms and the height including the flower ( not the pot ) is
30cms The flower is 10cms in width and 8cms in height. The leaves are very hard and a dark green a bit kovachii style.

Looks like a nice kovachii hybrid.
If it is from the EYOF then it could be anything.
It is small so it could have been a runt and so was given away with no parentage.
David

Hi David. It looks very nice for a runt. I got another at the same time which was very small. The label on this said besseae x casselman river. A lovely flower a bit like this one. The difference though was the difference in leaf and this flower had a very striated pouch.
Thanks for the input,

Ed

It dose look like Fritz Schomburg.
Have you thought about emailing the foundation with a picture they are really nice guys there, and I'm sure they would be able to help you out.
I might know the suppiler you got it from so it could be Phragmipedium Peruflora's Cirila Alca
As I know the foundation remade this cross.
The two kovachii hybrids I have are quite short in hieght and small in width.

Latest posts

Back