id. please

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reivilos

Reaction score
14419302932_aed5e75394_d.jpg

Almost certainly a hybrid, and hundreds of different hybrids could have this general appearance. There is no way to ever get a definite identification. Paphiopedilum hybrid, Maudiae-type.

That is a hard one! There seems to be a strong fowliei influence, but the petals seem to have a curtisii influence and the dorsal seems to show some lawrenceanum. A hybrid would be impossible to identify, but it makes an interesting dissection exercise.
Nice bloom, do you have any details on it?

Could definitely be, the petals are strongly curtisii and there are no features that I have seen which would indicate that it is not.

I don't think you get that dorsal without another species figuring in, lawrenceanum, maybe barbatum or callosum. I suppose anything could happen if a species is selectively bred for a dozen generations, but then I would hope the overall flower quality would be much more impressive than this.

NYEric suggested buying it if it isn't outrageously expensive, but unless I was desperate for a Paph, any Paph, I'm not sure I'd take it if it was free.

Latest posts

Back