• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I feel bad throwing these 'runts' away...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...so does anyone in the US want them? If so, first PM gets all in exchange for shipping cost.

I grow under lights and have a grand total of 8 square feet for growing and need to make room. All I would ask is that whoever gets them keeps me updated on their progress. I know some people think that runts can be made to grow normally under different conditions, so I'd like to know if that holds for these.

I have two 3.5" pots of Phrag. Rosy Charm (left side of the pic) and one 3.5" pot of Phrag. Eumelia Arias (right side of pic). All 3 pots show very good root growth (clear pots).

There are 5 plants of the Phrag. Rosy charm (Memoria Dick Clements 'Rocket Flash' 4N x schlimii 'Isolde') in each pot. I got them from Chuck Acker as a flask 11 months ago.

There are 10 plants of the Phrag. Eumelia Arias (schlimii x kovachii) in the pot. I got them from Orchid Inn as a flask 18 months ago.

Small disclaimer: I lost about 4-6 months of good growing time by messing up the lighting for my orchids, so these should be bigger then they are by this time in their development, even though they're the runts.

--Stephen

Latest posts

Back