hynaldianum album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
one flower + 3 buds on first bloom. ns = 4.5 inches. Mike

IMG_6672_zps51261f10.jpg

That's a very nice flower. I've only got one alba and it's one of these I had early last year from Orchid Inn. It's just pushing the spike up now so will be another month or so yet but will be well pleased if yours is anything to go by.

Gary
UK

really nice.
How do you tell the difference between lowii album and haynaldianum album?

Good question. I don't know enough to tell the difference between an alba lowii and an alba haynaldianum, considering normal variations in flower shape from plant to plant. Maybe it is a alba lowii with small petals.

I've been accepting the label at face value because of the size of the plant. The leaf span is only about 18 inches. If this plant were to become much larger in the years ahead or begin to produce 6-7 flowers per spike, I would suspect lowii.

Mike

Nice. I wish i could find some of the hybrids like Harumi.

Eric

I was not familiar with Harumi, so I searched for some photos. Looks like the delenatii improves the petals. I don't have an alba delenatii, but I do have an awarded Alice Barrios in bloom right now. Not quite the same, but neither the parents nor this plant have much color in the flower, so it should be safe to cross with this haynaldianum. I have a thing for parvi/multi hybrids, so it might be fun. Mike

IMG_6693_zps9ecfe67d.jpg

I love your greenhouse ,it is for me an landmark.
beautiful flower too.
still congrats,anna

Eric

I was not familiar with Harumi, so I searched for some photos. Looks like the delenatii improves the petals. I don't have an alba delenatii, but I do have an awarded Alice Barrios in bloom right now. Not quite the same, but neither the parents nor this plant have much color in the flower, so it should be safe to cross with this haynaldianum. I have a thing for parvi/multi hybrids, so it might be fun. Mike

IMG_6693_zps9ecfe67d.jpg

I love your Alice Barrios better. Which award did you get for that?

Back