Hsinying Web x mastersianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trithor

Chico (..... the clown)
Reaction score
I think it is named Hung Sheng Master. Measures 10.8cm NS. Good solid colour, not the darkest of the bunch, but still nice (I think)
eudz.jpg

That's just wonderful. Love the colour. Great shape as well. I would never have imagined there was masterianum in it

me neither! WOW!!!

The mastersianum has come through in a 'laquering' of the flower. which unfortunately my poor photography does not capture. Unlike other 'maudiae' types in bloom at the moment, this one (and its brothers and sisters) have a glazed appearance to them. Some have a slightly more chestnut colour rather than burgundy (seeing I was savouring a good glass of red at the time, I think I subconsciously selected the burgundy for the photo)

Thank you all for your favourable comments.

I had/have some masterianum driven vinis and it does pour on the lacquer! One of the biggest bonuses is the staying power of these hybrids. They last forever [almost ;)]. I nearly lost one of my masterianum hybrids and I say that cautiously but its on a come back. Maybe in a year to 18 mos I can post it again.

So do you have photos of the darker ones? They must be amazing if they are darker than this. I can't tell you how much I like this one. I can see the 'lacquer' in the photo.

So do you have photos of the darker ones? They must be amazing if they are darker than this. I can't tell you how much I like this one. I can see the 'lacquer' in the photo.

David, I will look and see if any of the darker ones are still presentable when I get back from the farm. I don't really take too many pictures, I need to get a corner set up for that task, so as a rule most plants bloom without getting photographed at all.:(

Back