Hsinying Alien

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruth

LovesPaphs
Reaction score
I again picked this up at my favorite garden store. It was in bud when I got it, and I wasn't sure what it was as the the tag reads

Paph. Raisin Pie 'Hsinying') x SIB (Paph. Supersuk 'Eureka' AM/AOS x

I liked the leaves on it and that is why I got it. After it bloomed I figured out that it is Hsinying Alien. I like the little dots on the dorsal.

HAlien1.jpg

HAlien2.jpg

Your tag seems incomplete. I wouldn't be so sure of the name as there are many crosses that look very similar. Nice flower, though. I like the delicate lines and spots.

It might be read this way; (Paph. Supersuk 'Eureka' AM/AOS x Paph. Raisin Pie 'Hsinying') x SIB
Thanks for all the input, so do you think it would still be called Hsinying Alien?

I think I will go to the garden store again today, as they get their orchid order in on Tues. I've purchased some really nice masdie's from there.

Thanks for all the input, so do you think it would still be called Hsinying Alien?

I think I will go to the garden store again today, as they get their orchid order in on Tues. I've purchased some really nice masdie's from there.

Yes

I think you are safe to say that it is Hsinying Alien. I've seen about 40 or so of these and they are highly variable. Most look like yours however. I have just recently purchased a very nice and unique clone that is solid burgundy at the ends of the petals and dark throughout the rest of the flower. I will take a picture of mine and post it.

Here are six different Hsinying Aliens. You can see the first one, which is the one I mentioned, is the nicest and darkest, with the best shape. The fifth picture is fairly typical of what I've seen, the sixth is a nice variation, and the rest are typical average flowers.

Attachments

• Paphiopedilum Hsinying Alien s.JPG
    Paphiopedilum Hsinying Alien s.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Paphiopedilum Hsinying Aliens4.JPG
    Paphiopedilum Hsinying Aliens4.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Paphiopedilum Hsinying Aliens5.JPG
    Paphiopedilum Hsinying Aliens5.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Paphiopedilum Hsinying Aliens6.JPG
    Paphiopedilum Hsinying Aliens6.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Paphiopedilum Hsinying Aliens2_02.JPG
    Paphiopedilum Hsinying Aliens2_02.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Paphiopedilum Hsinying Aliens3_02.JPG
    Paphiopedilum Hsinying Aliens3_02.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 6
Here are six different Hsinying Aliens. You can see the first one, which is the one I mentioned, is the nicest and darkest, with the best shape. The fifth picture is fairly typical of what I've seen, the sixth is a nice variation, and the rest are typical average flowers.
Attached Thumbnails

Wow!!! I would never guess that the first one and the last one would be Hsinying Alien. The first one is really nice. The 5th one is more like mine.

Latest posts

Back