Hookerae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice flower! More importantly, nice green plant! I can't believe nobody has commented on this very green hookerae especially after our lengthy discussions and posts a month ago over the suspicious hookeraes blooming at the time. Mine included.
BTW, is that your pipe tobacco collection in the background? My father use to smoke a pipe but his tobacco was always in a foiled pouch.
PS. My green plant of hookerae has still not opened but is showing bus expansion, so maybe soon.

Nice flower! More importantly, nice green plant! I can't believe nobody has commented on this very green hookerae especially after our lengthy discussions and posts a month ago over the suspicious hookeraes blooming at the time. Mine included.
BTW, is that your pipe tobacco collection in the background? My father use to smoke a pipe but his tobacco was always in a foiled pouch.
PS. My green plant of hookerae has still not opened but is showing bus expansion, so maybe soon.
Hi there. Thank you for the nice comments, and yes, that’s my various pipe tobaccos that are in my normal rotation. My cellar is 10 times that size, and those in the cellar are aging for years to come. Pipe smoking is a family tradition, and a dying tradition sadly. I didn’t see that thread about the Hookerae’s. I’ll have to look that up and see what you all said about it. As for mine, it is very green, but in natural light, it’s very blue/grey. I give it tons of water year round, grown in a west window of my home, and I use Green Jungle in the summer months.

More importantly, nice green plant! I can't believe nobody has commented on this very green hookerae especially after our lengthy discussions and posts a month ago over the suspicious hookeraes blooming at the time. Mine included.

I will hurry to make amends for that: what a beautifull green! 😉

That is a beautiful flower!
Could anybody explain to me the sweet little curls on each side of the base of the dorsal? Im anatomically lost...

That’s funny you guys mention those little curls! This is the first time that the bloom has those. Never seen them before either, but I think they are kind of cool. No idea why or how or what they are???

Latest posts

Back