Hi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

orchidgirl510

Hi,

I am a new orchid grower from Michigan and dont know alot yet but I am learning :wink: I dont have any lady slippers yet :( but I love lady slippers that is why I joined this forum. I do have three phals one is in bloom one is a rescue and the other is my first orchid and sadly is taking all my mistakes, so it is not doing so well :( hopefully it will get better. Well that is my orchids not much but you have to start somewhere :D

Welcome from NYC. My best advise (for any orchids), get the biggest, healthiest plants you can as long as you can come close to its (light/temperature/humidity) requirements. :)

Well.. your collection is going to increase ten folds (or more) from this moment onwards. Welcome from Canada.

Welcome, orchidgirl! What part of Michigan are you in?

Eggshells is right, but not only your slipper collection will grow, any kind of orchids will increase in number because we are great enablers here!

Welcome to Slippertalk! You have definitely found the right place & it won't be long before you add a few slippers to your collection :D

Welcome from Luxembourg!!!! You have found the right place here, and from experience, the number of your plants is very likely to increase :) !!!! Jean

Thanks everyone, and ya I know my orchid collection is going to increase I already know what I am going to get next :D

Oh??? What?????

I plan on getting symphyglossum cochlioda, porroglossum teaguei, bulbophyllum fascinator, paphiopedilum exul in the spring. I had planned on only getting the paph but when I found the other three I could not live without them :D

Oh you're in trouble. Do you have cool enough temps in th esummer to keep the porroglossum?

well I am a little worried that it will be to warm at night for the plant in the summer. I will be moving soon so I am going to see what the temps are in the house before I get the plant, if I dont think I can get it low enough I will not get the plant :)

well I am a little worried that it will be to warm at night for the plant in the summer. I will be moving soon so I am going to see what the temps are in the house before I get the plant, if I dont think I can get it low enough I will not get the plant :)
Sometimes a cool-growing plant placed outdoors will benefit by good circulation if it can't have cool temperatures. Will your new house have a cool basement?

Sometimes a cool-growing plant placed outdoors will benefit by good circulation if it can't have cool temperatures. Will your new house have a cool basement?

I think the new house will have a cool basement that is where I plan on growing my orchids. Are you sure that they can grow outside here in Michigan in the summer we get temperatures at about 90F and up.

Latest posts

Back