Hi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottMcC

Reaction score
I'm copying and pasting my introduction from another forum, with minor edits:

Hi, I'm Scott. I'm a skydiver, recently married to another skydiver, a new physician, and also like orchids.

I've got 12 of them now, growing in and around several south-facing windowsills in a Chicago high-rise apartment: 2 unknown phal hybrids (a white and a purple), 2 spotted phals, a yellow phal, a big purple Laeliocattleya, an Oncidioda charlesworthii, an Oncidium Sharry Baby, a Miltonia Echo Bay, a Miltassia Shelob, a Vaughnara Sir Walter Raleigh, and a Brassavola nodosa.

I've only had them a few months, so the first of them are just starting to lose their flowers (I bought all of them in flower--I'm too new at this and impatient to buy something that won't bloom for years, if ever). The one exception is the Sharry Baby which is in spike and they claim will flower within 3-5 weeks. I can't wait for the chocolate fragrance!!!

As you can see, there's no slippers on this list, but there should be. This is where you all come in...

I've rambled enough for now. Thanks in advance!

Hi Scott. Welcome, you've come to the right place. Take a look at the pictures on the forum and I'm sure you'll pick up you first paph soon. :poke:

Welcome to the forum! A Phragmipedium besseae rounds out any collection. Or seven. I have twelve. :)

Latest posts

Back