help with information, especially non-US members

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've had a request for some information regarding the first awards to paph species named since 1980 or so. The request asked for the first award to each "new" species and the country in which the award was given. I built the linked list below from AOS, TPS, JOGA, TOGA, and RHT data that I found online. As I'm sure you are award, 1980s-era taxonomy as well as some modern taxonomy is really messy in regards to paphs, so I annotated the list to the best of my ability given the awards records I could find.

This list also includes phrags and mexipedium, but please ignore them as the request I received was only for paphs.

If any of you knows if DOGA or other awarding organizations have granted awards to these taxa either in earlier years than I'm aware of, or have granted awards to alternative names of taxa, I would be most happy to hear of them.

I apologize in advance for the formatting of the list - google docs has made a mess of it, and I would suggest downloading rather than trying to read the mess online.

Thanks in advance for your help.
-Tim

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ucZvDMCcGFMzNPaU5ucl91M00/edit?usp=sharing

Latest posts

Back