Help needed for 2 non-ided Phrag hybrids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
I have these 2 in my collection since more than 5 years, but did not yet identify them!!!

For this one , I bought it as a H. Popow, it is the first blooming: First flower was completely deformed, this 2nd is 'a bit' better, but still with pouch probl., maybe the next buds will still bring up improved blooms. The colors of this one are more on the dark orange / yellow side, foliage looks quite like bessea/H.Popow:

This 2nd one bloomed several times in the past! colors more red / whitish !

This year with 2 spikes, the left one is in bloom:

Any suggestions as to the ids??

Thanks
Jean

Hahhahahha! :rollhappy: It's an Andean Fire.
I'd bet this is a Robert Palm.
Send the first one back and trade it for a Hanne Popow or better yet a Mem. Dick Clements, better color, more flowers.

thanks a lot Eric!!! conc. the Andean fire, after nursing it for over 5 years and having now 2 of it (after dividing the orig. plant 2 years ago), both spiking :eek::eek:, it is hard to give them away, but I am really disappointed of this bloom!! Jean

I agree that the first one is either Andean Fire or Rosalie Dixler (and probably not M. D. Clements, like Eric said that one is usually more saturated in color). Hard to tell both apart, so it could be either one. The second one might be Phrag. Elizabeth Castle.

Robert

I agree with Robert. Andean Fire seems logical and the 2nd one looks like Elizabeth Castle which has a color range from pink red to crimson.

Latest posts

Back