Hello!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bolero

I've been growing for 5 years or so and have been a student judge for about 3 years of that time. I have two years left before becoming fully qualified to judge for awards etc. As a grower I have a lot to learn and am fairly inexperienced.

I mainly grow mini-catts, masdevallia's and paph's. I think I would have around 250 plants in total which I grow outside all year round.

Not much else I can say but I look forward to visiting here regularly.

Wow a student judge. Cool.
I've visited our local judging center for about
7 months, but they don't seem to want me to
apply to be a student judge.....at least not the
people in power. Some of the other judges would
for me to, but alas I have not.

I hope it works out for you! I think we need more
judges.

Craig

Thank you

Thanks for the kind welcome, it's good to be here.

You have to apply to be a judge there? They just walked up and asked me and there you have it.

I don't want to offend anyone here but anyone with a keen eye and a willingness to learn can become a judge. You don't need a degree or higher education to get started and it just takes practice to get it right.

I would encourage anyone who is passionate about growing plants and improving species and hybrids to become a student. It can be a big commitment but I find it rewarding. I also learn a lot more doing this than I would have otherwise and it's made a difference to how I grow and what I grow.

Back