Hello from Vancouver, Canada

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap::clap:WELCOME!
Love the alba masdies & wish I could put mine outside most of the year, I need to buy them a refrigerator with the summer we've been having! I feel I should recognize what your avatar photo is, help me out please! :eek:

Hello Ross and Fren (yes Vancouver is very nice, I prefer the mountains versus the city, but it take only half an hour from downtown to drive to the mountains, so nice !)
Thank you and hi Goldenrose, I red an article about a guy who grows 'cold' Masdies (incl M coccinea) in a scorching hot part of Australia, I should look for it you may find some tricks for your place instead of a fridge ... I also have seen a setup for Pleuro made from a fridge with a glass door and lighting, very cool !!!
My avatar is from an hybrid of M veitchiana and a few others : Masdevalla Dean Haas, here is a bigger photo (linked to my flickr gallery)

Masdevallia Dean Haas by Jaljala photography, on Flickr

I also think a wine cabinet could be great (if not so expensive!), as they have a better temperature settings than a fridge, unless you can modify the fridge thermostat

Latest posts

Back