hello from pittsburgh

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

andalusianluv

how's yinz guys do'in! lol, sorry couldn't resist... i really don't talk like that
my name is brandon and i'm from pittsburgh, pa. i fell in love with slipper orchids while at penn state. (they have a beautiful orchid greenhouse, run by tony, a partner in woodstream ochids..i believe)
i tried my hand at them while in college but i had some issues when i moved back home and they didn't make it. now that i'm settled in my own place i'm ready to start up again.
for the time being i'm interested in species phrags and paphs. i have a bs in biology and while i was at penn state i worked for dr.foolad, who is in charge of the tomato breeding program. i still have a lingering interest in plant breeding, so later on i would like to recreate some hybrids and make a hobby of it.
i've had good experiences with forums like reefcentral.com, for saltwater reef keeping and i've learned a lot. so i'm excited to have joined this forum and i look forward to learning just as much!

glad to see ppl are responding! heather, if i would have known about the internship about a year and a half ago...i would have taken it. however, now i have a job and i'm going back to school here in pittsburgh.
rudolf- wo wohnst du in deutschland? mein onkel wohnt in stuttgart. sorry my german has become horrible over the years

Hi, I'm from the Pittsburgh area and co-chair of the membership committee of the OSWP. Our first fall meeting is Sunday, September 21 at 1:00. We are also hosting an Orchid Festival on October 18,19(7 vendors and 1 display) at the Phipps Garden Center.If you are interested, please PM me. Join us! More info at oswp.org.

Welcome Brandon, I am originally from Butler PA, currently residing in Houston TX. My dad is a Nittany Lion. Welcome to the forum and good growing. Regards, Doug

Awesome!!! Another YINZer on board!!! I'm from West Mifflin (home of the incomparable Kennywood park) and worked at Elmer's Aq in Monroeville (since you seem to be a fish guy too), but now live in Chicago. Welcome!

-Ernie

PS You don't think you talk like that, but you really do 'n' 'at. :)

yay, other people are just as crazy as i am...picking two very expensive hobbies!!! let's see do we have any horse ppl here? that will complete my list!! i had 2 growing up but now i just ride at my former trainer's until i can afford one (or 2 or 3) of my own.

...rudolf- wo wohnst du in deutschland? mein onkel wohnt in stuttgart. sorry my german has become horrible over the years

No,no - your German is fault-free at least these two sentences.
Ich lebe in Coburg einer Stadt in Nordbayern, ca. 100 km genau nördlich von Nürnberg/Nuremberg.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Latest posts

Back