Hello from NYC!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktcharlia

Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve enjoyed Slippertalk for several years now, I’ve learned a lot here & I’m excited to finally make an account! I grow Paphs, Phrags, Phals and a few other odd genera in my apartment in Brooklyn.

I also want to share a free educational site I recently co-created, an orchid database that uses RHS and Kew data, Orchidex.org. There will be more features, data visualizations, etc. to come, I hope some of you will enjoy using it and have suggestions! At first I just wanted an alternative to the RHS parentage search since it can be cumbersome to use, but it grew from there :)

Welcome! I’m in Manhattan— Washington Heights. Have you considered joining the Manhattan Orchid Society? We’ve got an in-person guest speaker coming next month, with a planned sales table and show table. As growers MOS kinda grows a bit of everything, with a couple slipper orchid fanatics sprinkled in 😉

Hi all, I’ve enjoyed Slippertalk for several years now, I’ve learned a lot here & I’m excited to finally make an account! I grow Paphs, Phrags, Phals and a few other odd genera in my apartment in Brooklyn.

I also want to share a free educational site I recently co-created, an orchid database that uses RHS and Kew data, Orchidex.org. There will be more features, data visualizations, etc. to come, I hope some of you will enjoy using it and have suggestions! At first I just wanted an alternative to the RHS parentage search since it can be cumbersome to use, but it grew from there :)
Welcome! I’m in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn. Glad to know there are other orchid lovers in my area.

I haven't seen Claudia in gosh, must be 15 years at least. I always enjoyed those Greater New York Orchid Shows! First The Enid A. Haupt Conservatory @ The Bronx Botanic Garden, then The World Trade Center Palm Court, and finally on to Rockefeller Center on the ice rink. Great times.
The old Greater New York Society and working 14 years for Rita at Orchid Art.

I haven't seen Claudia in gosh, must be 15 years at least. I always enjoyed those Greater New York Orchid Shows! First The Enid A. Haupt Conservatory @ The Bronx Botanic Garden, then The World Trade Center Palm Court, and finally on to Rockefeller Center on the ice rink. Great times.
The old Greater New York Society and working 14 years for Rita at Orchid Art.
Yes I miss those days! Which society did you belong to? I can’t recognize you from your big Catt name.

Latest posts

Back