Hello from Maisons Laffitte

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

oisifml

Hi to all, I live in a small dreary town near Paris France. I am totally ignorant of orchids but looking forward to learn. I'm old, idle, and at times argumentative but i promise I will remain courteous and abide by all the forum rules.:)

WELCOME! From Chicago, Il. You'll enjoy it here and old has nothing to do with it...... Jim.

Hi, nice you joined ST and a warm welcome from Germany.
Hi to all, I live in a small dreary town near Paris France. I am totally ignorant of orchids but looking forward to learn. I'm old, idle, and at times argumentative but i promise I will remain courteous and abide by all the forum rules.:)
First rule is be honest!!
So your town at the outskirts of Paris is lovely, you are experienced in growing orchids, young and pretty (handsome), diligent .......

Last edited:
Welcome - I'm new here too but thought I'd say hi. I lived for two years in Croissy sur seine near Versailles and Saint-Germain-en-Laye and it was awesome

Welcome oisifml! If you want dreary, come to Michigan in the Winter: gray skies almost every day. That's why growing orchids is so desirable here: colorful, fragrance, lots of green brings Summer into Winter.

So do you have any orchids?

And don't worry about age -- we are of all ages here!

Welcome! :)

Arrete ton char! No one ever really gets old :wink: and if you were truly idle, you would not have bothered to join the forum! :p

Welcome oisifml! If you want dreary, come to Michigan in the Winter: gray skies almost every day. That's why growing orchids is so desirable here: colorful, fragrance, lots of green brings Summer into Winter.

So do you have any orchids?

And don't worry about age -- we are of all ages here!

I have very few.. and they usually die within 3 months... i mostly have angreacoids, a few bulbos ( hi Ronan), botanical phaleanopsis,some leafless orchids, paphiopedilums that never flower..and if I look around I can see I have a few phragmipediums,( some very easy, some hard), then as everyone I have here and there a lone member of a group. (draculas, masdevallias, disas....that sort of thing)

WELCOME! I'm from the gray greary midwest, USA.
I have very few.. and they usually die within 3 months...
:sob: something is terribly off in the culture to lose one that quick. Tell us exactly what plant you have and we'd be glad to offer advise to help them survive!
Angreacoids, bulbos, some leafless orchids, draculas, masdevallias, disas - these all have higher humidity requirements and the last 3 need cool night temps, if growing in a home that is rather challenging.
Paphiopedilums that never flower - sounds like not enough light. If your growing on a windowsill, it helps us to know what the exposure is.

Latest posts

Back